Skewered and grilled lamb (a Maroque recipe)
ready in 45 mins
These little kebabs are the closest thing I have come across to the ones served at the many booths that set up in the Jemaa-el-Fna at dusk.
750g (1.5lb) boned leg of lamb, cut into 1.5cm cubes
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion grated
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Place the lamb cubes in a shallow dish with all the other ingredients. Toss well and leave to stand for 2 hours.
2. Thread the meat onto metal skewers about 6 to 8 pieces per kebab.
3. Place the kebabs about 5 to 10cm away from the heat source, either grill or barbeque.
4. Cook until browned and turn over. The lamb should be cooked through but still juicy.
5. Sprinkle each kebab with a small amount of cayenne, cumin and salt to your taste, bearing in mind the heat of the cayenne, and serve hot with bread
Grill on highest setting or ideally a hot barbeque. Serves 6.
Looking for more recipe ideas? Why not download our free cook books here