Harissa marinated olives (a Maroque recipe)
ready in 15 mins
Start the evening with a tingle, these olives are on the spicy side: if you're unsure of your guests palates, please just reduce the amount of harissa.
2 tbs of roasted red pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tsp of harissa paste, either from a jar or paste made up fresh
125ml olive oil
500g black olives
1. In a bowl large enough to take the olives mix the chopped roasted peppers with the garlic, and mix in the olive oil to form a marinade.
2. Rinse the black olives under cold running water and drain well.
3. Add the olives to the harissa marinade, mixing well, transfer to a clean jar.
4. Seal the jars and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Bring the olives to room temperature about an hour before serving.
5. The olives will keep in the fridge for about 10 days.
Makes 2 jars
Buy your harissa here
Looking for more recipe ideas? Why not download our free cook books here
Show your dish off to its best, on our authentic handcrafted Moroccan pottery, find the full range here