Marrakech kisses - rose petal meringues with rose cream (a Maroque recipe)
ready in 2 hours
This luxurious and fun dessert will win you hearts
1. Preheat the oven to 140C. Line a couple of baking trays with non stick silicone baking parchment.
2. Tip the egg whites into a large mixing bowl. Beat them on medium speed with a electric hand whisk until they stand in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
3. Pour in about half the sugar and whisk until the mixture becomes very thick, firm and shiny. Add the remaining sugar and whisk again until thick firm and shiny: all the sugar needs to dissolve. Stir in the rose petals.
4. Carefully spoon the meringue into a piping bag and pipe onto your lined baking sheets, 20 rounds about 5cm across and 3 layers high. They will spread a little as they cook, so leave enough space between each one.
5. Bake the meringues for 30 minutes, turn the oven down to 120C and bake for a further 30 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, they should easily peel away from the parchment and cool on a wire rack. They can be stored in an air tight container for up to a week.
7. For the rose filling
8. In a bowl add the cream and rose syrup and whisk to form soft peaks.
9. Sandwich two halves of the meringue together with cream and serve.
Makes 20 kisses (40 meringue halves)
Looking for more recipe ideas? Why not download our free cook books here
Show your dish off to its best, on our authentic handcrafted Moroccan pottery, find the full range here