This feels like a weekend to batten down the hatches, light the fire and do very little apart from eat comfort food. Is it just me?
And this warming easy to rustle up soup could be just the thing.
Pumpkin and cinnamon soup
1kg pumpkin flesh, seed and fibre removed
Small knob of butter
750ml chicken stock
salt and white pepper to taste
2 tsp sugar
75g cooked rice
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Cut the pumpkin into chunks. Melt the butter in the base of a large pan and stir in the pumpkin, coating well.
2. Add the stock and milk, salt pepper and sugar, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until tender.
3. Puree the soup in batches until smooth. Return to the pan.
4. Reheat and add the rice. Add a little water if necessary: you should have a creamy consistency. When warmed through, transfer to serving bowls.
5. Dust the top of each bowl with cinnamon and serve.
Enjoy the recipe?
Why not down load the cook books. Here