Spicy Moorish eggs
ready in 30 mins
This lively zingy scrambled egg dish is sure to be a winner for brunch; it is also a brilliant hangover cure.
4 large eggs
80-100g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of harissa paste, this makes it quite spiky, put in less if you are not sure!
1/2 tsp ground coriander
a small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and white pepper, to taste
1. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, and add a little salt and white pepper.
2. In a saucepan, add the oil and onions and fry gently until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the harissa and ground coriander. Fry gently for about 1 minute.
3. Add the lightly beaten eggs to the onions, and stir gently until almost set. Add the tomatoes and stir gently to combine.
4. When the eggs are ready, take off the heat and stir in the fresh chopped coriander.
5. Serve with minty pitta chips.