Harissa marinated olives (a Maroque recipe)
ready in 15 mins
Start the evening with a tingle, these olives are on the spicy side: if you're unsure of your guests palates, please just reduce the amount of harissa.
2 tbs of roasted red pepper chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
2 tsp of harissa paste, either from a jar or paste made up fresh
125ml olive oil
500g black olives
1. In a bowl large enough to take the olives mix the chopped roasted peppers with the garlic, and mix in the olive oil to form a marinade.
2. Rinse the black olives under cold running water and drain well.
3. Add the olives to the harissa marinade, mixing well, transfer to a clean jar.
4. Seal the jars and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days. Bring the olives to room temperature about an hour before serving.
5. The olives will keep in the fridge for about 10 days.
Makes 2 jars