Honey and cinnamon cheesecake (a Maroque recipe)
ready in 1 hour
A Moorish twist on the classic desset.
350g ginger biscuits, finely crushed
350g cream cheese
2 eggs separated
15g powdered gelatine dissolved in 3 tablesoons boiling water
142ml double cream, whipped
1/2 tsp powdered cinnamon
1. Melt the butter and mix with the biscuit crumbs until well mixed.
2. Spread this mixture into the base of a 30cm loose based cake tin and press down well to form the base of the cheesecake.
3. Beat the cheese, egg yolks, honey and cinnamon together until smooth, then beat in the dissolved gelatine.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the cheese mixture along with the whipped cream.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and chill until set.
6. Carefully remove from the tin and place on a serving plate. You can dust the top with a small amount of cinnamon if you wish, but only a little or it will be too strong.