Spinach and Zahter quiche
This great quiche recipe makes a lovely light lunch or made in smaller ramekins makes a pretty starter.
2 tbs olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
100gm fresh spinach, chopped
100gm grated chedder cheese
1 tsp Zahter
50gm dried breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp baking powder
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oven to 200oc. In a frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onions until well browned. Add the spinach to the pan and cook until wilted.
2. In a large bowl beat the eggs and add the cheese, zahter, breadcrumbs baking powder and salt and stir well. Add the spinach and onion mixture.
3. Grease 4 individual 10cm ramekin dishes and pour the mixture into each, the mixture will double in height.
4. Place in the centre of the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and set.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for about 10 minutes, take out of the ramekin and serve.
Enjoy the recipe?
Why not down load the cook books. Here