Beef tagine with olives
This entry was posted on November 12, 2015.
Crammed full of Moroccan flavours this tagine, is a winner if the evenings turn chilly.
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees. Fry the onions and garlic in a saucepan until soft and just colouring, transfer to the tagine.
- Fry of the meat in the same saucepan until browned, and also add to the tagine.
- Put the tagine on a low heat (with a heat diffuser if needed) and add the spices to the meat and onions, and stir to mix well. Gently heat through. Add the tomatoes, olives and stock and mix well.
- Transfer to the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the beef falls apart. Add a little water to the tagine after about an hour if beginning to stick.
- Check the seasoning, it shouldn’t need salt with the olives, but season to taste and serve with buttery couscous and a green salad.
Serves 2 generously
Enjoy the recipe?
Why not down load the cook books. Here