Monthly Archives: April 2014
A Moorish Themed BrunchWith the prospect of 4 fantastic days off, this can hopefully allow us the opportunity to indulge in brunch, that oh so civilised pastime that seem to have been forgotten. I have a few items to add to your repertoire that will give a rather Moroccan / Middle Eastern theme. Love to know what you think. Starting with Moorish eggs.Spicy Moorish eggs
This lively zingy scrambled egg dish is sure to be a winner for brunch; it is also a brilliant hangover cure!
4 large eggs
80-100g cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 small onion finely chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp of harissa paste, this makes it quite spiky, put in less if you are not sure!
1/2tsp ground coriander
A small handful of fresh coriander roughly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl and add a little salt and white pepper
2. In a saucepan add the oil and onions and fry gently until soft, about 5 minutes. Add in the harissa and ground coriander. Fry gently for about 1 minute.
3. Add the lightly beaten eggs to the onions and stir gently until almost set. Add the tomatoes and stir gently to combine.
4. When the eggs are ready take off the heat and stir in the fresh chopped coriander.
5. Serve with minty pitta chips (recipe on its way)
Enjoy the recipe?
Why not down load the cook books. Here